Thursday, January 28, 2010

Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember.

I finally have a whole day to myself to sleep. Not because I want to, but because I have the flu :-(, there is nothing worse. Sometimes my body doesn't want to work as hard as I want it to. I feel so angry that I have been put back a day, but I feel myself starting to get better.

So let me get started about Midem. It was such an experience. No sleep. Long parties. Meetings. Stress. It was awesome. I met with some of the most important people in the business, people that have had success beyond my wildest dreams. Funny thing was most of them were down to earth and super hilarious.  Monday night was the showcase, a ton of  important A&R's, Agents, managers, producers and what not were there. Let me tell you I was a wreck! I'm usually super cool and easy going about gigs...but this was bigger than I ever realized. To me first impressions are everything...and I was finally going to be able to make a first impression with people in the business that matter. After some tears, choice words, and some prayer I finally felt ready. The butterflies were flying.

In the end....it went amazing. Of course there were things I could have done better, but Im always my biggest critic. I had so many fabulous feedback's and words of encouragement. Some even asked if I was lip syncing! Gahh what a compliment! Of course I wasn't, I only sing live. They asked because Im quite a freak on stage, during the performance I lost my 6 inch heels, ripped my stockings and bruised my arm. Haha.

The guy I had to impress the most was my man Manfred. He is the badass from Iceberg Records that signed me to his label (together with Solymar Music). Thing was...he has never heard me sing live or perform, so he was taking a big risk on his part. Ughhh pressure, pressure, pressure. The cigar smoking badass had me pretty nervous, but in the end he was quite happy and satisfied. He even said I surprised him...(why thank you Manny!) A funny story about Manfred was when I first met him I asked him if I could call him Manny...he looked at me stern and said "NO!" HAHA, let's just say now its a running joke and usually call him Manny anyways. At the end of emails to him we always say "Manny Manny Thanks"...get it?! Haha :-) Okay from this point on I promise to always call him Manfred. :-)

The parties lasted all night long, I was soo impressed by the people who could last on one or two hours of sleep after all the free drinks! I was the smart one and kept throwing mine on the floor! Everyone was wondering why I took that shot of tequila so easily....water silly!! Shhh!! I had a great time dancing and chatting to everyone, all in all the parties were pretty bomb.

Well after four days of partying, no sleep, endless meetings and dinners we had to leave beautiful Cannes, France. The night we got back from Zurich I had a wonderful live acoustic gig. It went very well except I was losing my voice (stupid flu!)...thank god people couldn't tell :-). I played with a wonderful guitarist, Dominick. He kills me on how good his skills are..!!

It's getting pretty late and I must get my sleep so I can feel my best tomorrow. I just wanted to take this part to thank everyone that is putting their time and money into me. Since the very beginning of my career I have not paid a penny out of my pocket. Now I am just shocked and thankful for the faith Manfred Zähringer has in me. He has had soooo much success over the years and is one of the most hardest working people in the business. (With on artist he has sold over 8 million records worldwide) Oliver Meyer, my wonderful manager who signed me and is helping me find my way.  Thank you guys for all the money YOU invest in me. The flights, hotels, food and trips are all paid for out of your pocket for you think I am worth the investment.
I promise you with my entire heart and soul that I will make it worth it. Without you guys I wouldn't be able to afford to do any of this, for I know how expensive it is. So thank you for your faith!!!

Unfortunately I didnt take hardly any pictures! I am sooo dumb. Here are a few that some wonderful people sent to me :-)

Me and Manfred :-) (the sun was sooo bright!)


Awww Tommy...he is such a teddy bear at heart.
Johnathan from G-Pop and my ghetto manager Oliver :)
Marcel from G-Pop and Oliver again. Geez Oliver get over yourself.

Dominick (my guitarist) and me being sexy. Ha!!
Viktoria from ROBA....Ahhh she is sooo cute and funny. Love her!
 I also want to thank my mom. Even with her being so far away she always knows how to make me feel better and how to cheer me up.She sent me lyrics to this song and she said that she wished she would have sang this to me every night. I love and miss you mom, and I promise to take you shopping and buy you your own salon once I make the $$$. We will never lose the faith and I will never stop working for what I want.

baby look at me
And tell me what you see.
You aint seen the best of me yet
Give me time, I'll make you forget the rest.
I've got more in me, and you can set it free
I can catch the moon in my hand
Don't you know who I am?
Remember my name,

(Fame)
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly (High)
I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry (Fame)
I'm gonna make it to heaven
Light up the sky like a flame (Fame)
I'm gonna live forever
Baby, remember my name
Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember,
Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember

Baby hold me tight
Cause you can make it right.
You can shoot me straight to the top
Give me love and take all I've got to give
Baby I'll be tough
Too much is not enough
I'll grab your heart till it breaks
You got what it takes.

(Fame)
I'm gonna live forever
I'm gonna learn how to fly (High)
I feel it coming together
People will see me and cry (Fame)
I'm gonna make it to heaven
Light up the sky like a flame (Fame)
I'm gonna live forever
Baby, remember my name
Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember,
Remember, Remember, Remember, Remember

Also check out more on Manfred and Iceberg Records!


Read about Manfred :-)

iceberg-records

Last but not least...
Mark and Hollywood thank you for having the most faith. Your love and encouragement is always needed and wanted. Without your blessing and faith I wouldnt be able to travel the world...I would have to cook and clean every night, and you both know thats not what I meant for! Ha! I love you guys very much and you make me feel sooo special and important. I love you guys! I can't wait to see you in a few days!

xoxo
Sarah

No comments: