Saturday, January 30, 2010

Almost home.


I'm sitting at the Atlanta airport waiting for my plane to board. Soon I'll be back in Pittsburgh. I come back to Pittsburgh the same but a completely different woman. I come back with more knowledge of the business I crave so dearly, I come back with more fire,  I come back a fighter. Even though some would say I work my ass off, I know its not nearly enough. I know what areas I need to improve in, so I must overwhelm myself f in getting it perfected. Writing is something I usually only do when Im inspired by something, but now I must write everyday...I have no idea what may come out. In two weeks I leave for Denmark for more writing sessions with John Gordan and Henrick Hylle.  I had  a lot of great things come out of our last writing session...so I'm hoping for the same. I'm going to be VERY prepared this time. Im also hoping to write with Lene Dissing too.....I just adore her!


My last day in Europe was a very productive last day, even though I'm still a little sick I didn't want to waste another hour in my hotel room. I had a meeting and lunch with one of the sponsors (Eurocentres) of Coole Schule (Switzerland School Tour). This year they (Eurocentres) decided to be the main sponsor for the tour this year. I'm really glad they are going to be the main sponsor, I love what they are about, and it fits exactly to what Coole Schule is about. We're working together to fill in the gaps between people. We're bringing in different cultures and languages together. Sometimes kids hate to learn more than they need to know....I can relate because I was one of these kids! Ha! So Coole Schule has a differnt approach to learning a new language, with music! The kids have a great time with Coole Schule, and they dont even realize they are learning. Eurocentres comes in to play because we then hope the kids will fall in love with wanting to keep learning the language. I am so happy to be a part of this tour and I can't wait to make this year more successful.

Anyways the meeting with Andreas was fun...but lunch was even better! :-) Andreas is so awesome, he has a great personality and is so passionate about what he does. The food was soooo goood, but unfortunately I was sill a little sick and couldnt eat that much. When the waitress brought around the desert cart I had to force myself to get this cute little goose pasty....I ate its head first *evil gin*!!

After lunch I had to go back to my hotel to get ready for my last gig. It was another disco, so I knew it was going to be fun....but wasn't to excited about how late the night was going to be! After sound check we had about 4 hrs to waste before I went on, so Oliver and I decided to drive around and waste gas. We were having fun telling stories and laughing when we came up with a great idea. We then   decided to go through the drive thru at McDonald's and sing my new song Delicious to them. Hahaha. I ordered a hamburger without onions and told them.."you're so Delicious...you're so delicious.. oh and can I have a coke too?" The lady was sooo confused and probably though I was on drugs. Oli videotaped the entire thing...it was pretty funny and really stupid at the same time! Maybe in the near future i'll post it! Hahaha....! We raced back to the club so I could  get dressed and what not.... and to my surprise I had a special guest! Andreas and his friend Chris came!!! Oh Gawd I was soo excited...they are both so fun. I mean beyond fun...! They promised to take me out in June when I come back to the beach and a few of the dance clubs :-D! The gig went awesome....and again I ripped my stockings and got a few new bruises! Didn't lose my shoes this time though....hahahaha! I love the energy the kids have,  feed off of it so much. It was a great last day.

Packing lasted more than I would have liked and when I crawled into bed it was after 4am...and I had to be up at 6am to catch my flight. That's rock n roll baby!

Wow I spent so much time writing this and its already time to board. Thanks for being so so wonderful again Europe. You always treat me so well and always give me so much...don't ever let me go.

Sarah
xoxo

Click here to check out Eurocentres!

Me and Andreas. :)
Goodbye Goosey Goose.
Oliver loves the camera. Get over yourself...hehehe!!
Just how many hair accessories can I fit on my head?
Please don't mind my sweaty face...haha but its a cute pic of Andreas & Chris!
Holy eyelashes!

No comments: