Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Me

My mind is racing at super sonic speed right now. I have so many things I want to write and say but I feel like I should keep it short. I have had so much great news in the past few days concerning the Eurovision contest. What a scary and honorable thing it is to be even in the running of this prestigious contest. Television stations and newspapers are writing about "Me." I'm an American coming into to their territory and going into one of their contests. Mind you that I wrote and recorded all of my new music in Europe...it's still such an honor because I'm an outsider. I was thinking a lot about how I feel about that...and my answer to you is that I am not an outsider. I came to Europe for a reason, fate to me by the hand and led me there. I'm connected to Europe and the people there especially all of my dear friends in Switzerland. Being on the Coole Schule tour was one of the best experiences I've ever had, I have never felt more connected and accepted by a group of people before. So me an outsider? No way. The Eurovision contest is right where I belong. So I am hoping all of you accept me as the silly American as I am, because all I am being is "Just Me."

I love all of you so much. Thank you thank you thank you for the support and encouraging words. You guys are the ones that keeps me pushing and dreaming and always wanting more out of life.
A BIG thank you goes out to 20 minuten and The Eurovision Times...thanks for writing about little old controversial me. You guys are badass!

XOXO
Sarah
(And for all of you that didn't know my song "Just Me" is the song that was submitted!)

No comments: